Wednesday 28 April 2010

Christie's Barbie Auction 2006



I happened to find this great image of Christie's Barbie sale, while searching the internet. It brought back fond memories. The auction which I catalogued was one of the largest ever to come to auction. Christie's went to town and had one wall covered in `Barbie Pink' cloth to set off the collection. Here is an amazing line up, with Barbie No.1, 2 and 3 in her zebra stripped swim suit.
The three on the top left of the shelf are also very rare, they are `high-colour' Barbie's made for the Japanese market.



I have copies of the catalogue, which I regularly sell on eBay, so keep an eye out for it. It is well worth getting, it is fully illustrated in colour and prices can be obtained from Christie's.

Dealing with the sale gave me a huge appreciation for this iconic toy.. although I am not sure I am ready to deal with another one for a good few years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment